Monday, October 3, 2011

More Blender

This is the latest result of my attempts to make Blender look good:

At least I figured out what ambient occlusion was. Actually, I didn't. All I know is to turn it on whenever I want the renders to look better. In my mind it's the 'thingy-that-makes-stuff-look-real' button. :-)

I've been trying to make some sense out of Maya, too...but it's totally confusing. Too many key commands...and none of them do what you would expect them to.
Non-intuitive interface.
Grrrrrrr...

4 comments:

  1. Nice monkey head. I wonder who first modeled that.
    Say, Some of Ross's (and mine) friends, the Johnsons, just submitted they're second film to SAICFF: Joseph in Egypt! They made it in blender, and it looks pretty good! Have you done anything with animation yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to use Blender too. It's sooo hard. I was hoping to build some sort of game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Paul,
    I've figured out what the IPO curve editor is. How to use it efficiently is a completely different story. Tiny bit of animation, but first I want to have something good to animate...

    @Jro,
    Blender really is a complicated program, but once you learn how to use it, it's fast and powerful. I don't like the new builds of it as much as the older ones, though...2.59 is the newest one, and there are still some bugs to be worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great, Peter! :D I know what it's like to try and work with 3d models. *Slams fist down on Poser 8 box* But you obviously have a talent for it! :D So keep up the amazing work! :D

    ReplyDelete