Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back to the movie

The video project I was working on is now complete! Actually, it was complete about a week ago today. It was shown at church on Tuesday night, and got a standing ovation. I was really, really embarrassed.
I'm still, a week later, having people stop me randomly at church to say how much they enjoyed it. They all say how talented I am, and ask when the next project will be. I have to tell them I don't know about the next project, because they just happen spontaneously. It's been two years since I did one...and it might be another two years since I do another.
As far as my being specially gifted...I'm not so sure. I'm not really sure how many of these people would actually know if I was. But Scott, the head of our media department, is impressed, too. And it takes some doing to impress Scott.
I don't know...I have a lot of trouble with unloving and self rejection, so it's hard for me to accept that maybe I am actually good at this stuff. But it's always possible. I've always been a visual storyteller, and what's more visual (and better at telling stories) than movies and film?
Maybe filmmaking is where God wants me...I have no idea. I enjoy working with cameras and computers, and do graphic arts stuff, too. It could be.

But, for the time being, it's back to the movie project.
Paul is having a really busy series of weeks here, with his oldest brother visiting from Michigan, and YHEC nationals in Pennsylvania in a few weeks....so the movie might not get worked on very much for a while. But I suppose that's okay. I can doodle with the script on my own, and see what I can come up with. And there's always the phone.
Isn't it great living in the age of instant communication?

Maybe not so much, but it sure helps with projects like this.
~Pe†er

No comments:

Post a Comment