Thursday, July 22, 2010

There's not much point to this post...

But I bet someone's going to read it anyway!
Ah...well, the movie project is going well. We really need to find a NAME for it...it's getting annoying just calling it 'the movie'.
We were thinking of "A Tale of Three Siblings", but that didn't work. If it had been "A Tale of Two Siblings", it would have, but with three of us it isn't similar enough.
Paul and I did a lot of rearranging the script (by phone) yesterday, and managed to get rid of two whole scenes that we didn't need. Then this morning I wrote up the first of the three scenes left to script, sent it to Paul, and he likes it...at least for a first draft.
So now we can work on the next-to-last scene!
Pretty cool...only two scenes left with almost a month to go before filming begins!
Although like three weeks of that is going to be so jammed full of stuff for either Paul or me that I doubt we'll be very productive. And on top of scripting the last two scenes, we have to go back over the entire script again and do a revision to take out any irregularities and rough spots before we film...and it would be nice to be able to try out most of the dialogue by phone or video chat, before our trip out there, so that we can make sure it flows. But all that is slightly optional...
Another revision that was made was that Davy is not the bad guy any more. It's either going to be Paul or me, and I'm thinking me. So the script is going to have to be updated with the proper names.
I'm so glad Word has a find-and-replace feature.

As for current events, the only news is that my parents and I are flying up to Minnesota tomorrow to visit my grandmother. We're going to be there for five days, and I hope to get some footage with my mini-camcorder that I can practice editing in Final Cut. I need some experience with it.
But I don't know how much time I'll have for that around this online Axis & Allies game we have going with Paul and Davy and me. . .it's an addicting game. Paul, as Japan, is totally blowing America out of the water, and is beginning to encroach on Russia's (my) eastern territories, just as Russia is finally beginning to wear down Germany's (Paul's) defenses in the west. It's an exhilerating game, but also mentally exhausting.
Oh...AND Paul has taken over the entire continent of Africa. Not so good for the allies...

Well, I think that's about it.
I'll wrap up with a photo that may play a part in a new theme for my blog...not sure yet.

Cool, huh?


~Pe†er

2 comments:

  1. That's a very cool photo/computer rendering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a real photo, Paul. It's from Scotland, or somewhere.

    ReplyDelete