Friday, November 19, 2010

Packing and Other Work

Wowwww! The past few days have been busy!
We're about two days from leaving; tomorrow we load the ABF semi trailer that's going to move most of our stuff across the country, we spend the night here, and Sunday morning we're off on the grand adventure!
We have been up literally from seven or eight in the morning (which is pretty early for us) to ten thirty or eleven at night (moderately late) for the past three or four days. And we spend all day every day either on the job packing or driving places to pick up stuff. For instance: We spent from 8:30 this morning to around noon up in Atlanta picking up our RV and driving to and from; got home and in half an hour ABF had delivered the trailer. Soon after we went into town to get a broadband internet wireless modem for the laptop. We got home and have been packing ever since; about five hours. And that's pretty typical; only usually there's less time away from the house.
I've also been trying to get some pictures, and have succeeded to some extent. Thus I display:

The living room


My room

The RV

The RV's living area with the slide pulled in. It has about two more feet of width with the slide out...

And the cats!



I'm sorry I don't take more artistic pictures, but with the camera that I have they probably wouldn't turn out too good anyway. I desperately need a wide-angle lens for a still camera, though.
Anyway, as you can tell the cats are getting in their rest. Even more than usual, it seems, one finds them sleeping in, on, over, under and around almost anything. Especially Riley. Maybe they know that there's a big adventure ahead of us all...

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! You have really been busy! I hope that you and your family have a safe trip to Oregon!
    P.S. the pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that lots of stuff. (you're missing an " 're " on the first word)
    That RV looks quite a bit like ours did. That'll be fun! I'm glad to hear that the cats are providing such emotional support. I'd assume that you're bringing them along?

    ReplyDelete