This is actually very late, but it wouldn't quite be fair to skip all of Texas just because we aren't there any more...
Anyway, we left Gladwater not long after I posted my last post, and drove straight to Kaufman to see the Moores (understand, we had contacted them about a week in advance and arranged this). We spent the next four and a half hours at their house talking to John, and whoever else was there. Now, a little background info on John Moore...he's a filmmaker, and won the $101,000 grand prize at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival on 2009 with his film The Widow's Might. He was 19, and The Widow's Might was his first feature film. He's been interested in film since he was about 14, and since The Widow's Might has been working on his latest project, Ace Wonder: Message from a Dead Man. In short, he's very impressive.
He was even more impressive when we actually got talking. He really is an awesome guy, and I had a blast. This was probably the highlight of my day, and we had spent so much time there that it was dark when we left. We drove for a few more hours, and spent the night at some RV park by Austin.
The next day we headed towards San Antonio, stopping along the way to tour Inner Space Caverns.
That was very cool. I've been in a cave or two in Mexico, but this one was fairly impressive.
I even got a few pictures, despite the terrible lighting conditions.
Then we met up with our friends the Shaffers at a place called Natural Bridge Caverns, and just made the last tour of the day. I also got pictures from there.
The natural bridge (hence the name):
And this is what happens when you take a picture upside down...cool, huh?
And then, a photo from outside. Texas has a kind of arid, windswept beauty to it...
After the caves we had dinner at Mrs. Shaffer's sister's house, and headed back to the RV park for the night (we got a spot right next to the Shaffer's fifth wheel).
And considering how long this post is becoming I think I'll contine this saga over a series of posts...hope it doesn't take too many.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




































Wow Peter! Those are some amazing photos!!! I can't wait to see more! Have fun on the rest of your adventure!!!
ReplyDelete