Thursday, December 2, 2010

Antelope Canyon

Despite never having heard of any other canyons named after medium-size quadrupeds (a few deer, elk, moose, and buffalo canyons would seem to be in keeping with the theme), I can now say that I have been to Antelope Canyon. The scenery was spectacular, and I got quite a few pictures. It's not like other canyons I've been to. Quite small, pretty dark, but amazingly beautful.
A huge water-cut slice through a bed of Navajo Sandstone. It certainly produces a beautiful effect.
While we were in there I tried a few "artistic" shots:
Hmm...turns out, there's more to an artistic photo than an extremely short depth of field.
Guess I should read up on photography some. And lenses and optics. That will come in handy with cinematography.
I also got a couple of photos of the area surrounding the cave:
That cliff face is just begging for some cg enhancement...maybe a few pillboxes, or a convoy winding up a road. Maybe I'll work on that later, but for now I'll just enjoy it in it's natural form.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I love the way the canyon looks like a flowing piece of cloth or a sea of caramel! WOW! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete