This is the first Christmas in quite a few years that we've had a Christmas tree. And with Christmas trees come lights, right? And photographing lights is always fun. Especially when they're all sorts of fun colors...
You can tell where this is headed, but add into that equation a video camera that shoots photos in 16:9 aspect ratio, and you have something that I can't resist. I haven't really tried out the camera feature on this video camera yet, and I figured today was a pretty good day for photography. Especially with such an intruiging subject as a Christmas tree.
So here's the result:
There's just something so much fun about shooting widescreen photos. It offers so many more possibilites! And that camera has a great focus. It can focus easily on objects less than an inch from the lens, which provides an insane depth of field...and that means really cool pictures!
Of course, if I start mostly shooting in widescreen, they won't fit on the blog very well. Maybe I'll have to work on a new blog theme that will accommodate wider photos...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Cool! I love the close up photos of the lights! Great job! Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete