Friday, December 3, 2010

Bryce Canyon

Okay, so we were told by one of the Moore's friends (who stopped by while we were there) that he was really disappointed with the Grand Canyon, because he had been to Bryce first. Well, I got to the Grand Canyon and thought "Well, if this isn't very impressive compared to Bryce, then I can't wait to get there!"
Bryce really took us by surprise. It isn't big or grand, but the number of brilliant colors and wonderful rock formations certainly makes up for it's size. The Grand Canyon certainly is big and impressive, but I think Bryce is more subtly stunning and beautiful. I don't really think that they're comparable, but I can see how the Grand Canyon would seem a little tame in comparison to Bryce.
 You get somewhat of an idea of what the scenery is like. The slight sprinkling of snow certainly helps, too. We've had snow since the Grand Canyon. I think it snowed about five days ago...
Anyway, we're at a campground in Zion National Park this evening. More on that tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. You are right about the rock formations! So amazing!!! I don't see how people can look at things like this and say that evolution is true. Now I know these canyons were made by water and wind...but still, He made them!

    ReplyDelete